How to consume cannabis? What is the healthiest way to consume cannabis? What is the best way to consume cannabis? These are just some of the most frequently asked questions about cannabis. There are definitely multiple methods of consuming cannabis but there isn’t one specific method that is better than the rest. Different conditions are needed for different methods of ingestion. Such as skin issues usually need salves and topicals while other conditions such as Crohn’s or Parkinson’s may require instant relief of inhalers or vaporizers. Some cannabis consumers may need several methods of ingestion for the aid of different symptoms. Below are the cons and pros methods of cannabis ingestion.
Smoking cannabis is possibly the oldest ingestion method. Though due to possible health issues smoking cannabis is quickly becoming less and less favored.
The following are some of the reasons why you might like the method of consuming cannabis:
- Immediate and quick effects- extremely useful for people who prefer instant relief from their symptoms.
- It’s a simple method compared to other methods.
- It is easy to dose even when the dosage is not accurate.
- The effects last for approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- A lot of people like the taste of cannabis when smoked.
- Cannabis smoke can be harmful to your lungs, throat, and mouth.
- It is not fitting for minors.
- Cannot accurately measure the dosage.
- Some beneficial terpenes and cannabinoids are vanishing through the smoke and heat.
- It is the smelliest method of ingesting cannabis.
- Rolling papers can contain compounds that can be harmful to your health.
Vaping has quickly become a favored method of consuming cannabis. It’s viewed as a healthier option compared to smoking. With multiple poor quality products and vaporizers carrying additives such as vitamin E however, this is not always true. Though in the unregulated hemp oil market, expendable vaporizers have been discovered to carry traces amounts of synthetic cannabinoids. It looks like vaporizers only appear to be safe and acceptable if they are especially high quality such as Bickel’s Volcano and Storz vaporizer.
- Immediate effect.
- Less noticeable as compared to smoking.
- The dosage is easy to control although accurate dosage is still difficult to determine.
- Its an effective way of using cannabis.
- No smoke.
- High-quality vaporizers are expensive.
- Bad quality vaporizers are dangerous.
- Long-term health effects are hard to determine.
- Consistent dosing is difficult since it is not easy to measure the exact intake of a particular amount of cannabis.
Consuming cannabis through Dab Rigs
Dab Rigs are similar to bongs but they are intended for the use of cannabis extracts such as wax, shatter and rosin. Dab rigs are normally smaller and more complex mechanically as compared to bongs, it has been designed to decrease the loss of potency. Dab rigs also need the user to heat a metal plate with a torch.
- Prominent, clean taste.
- It is possible to ingest a large amount of cannabis quickly.
- It has reduced burning plan matter.
- Concentrates require free and clean solvents.
- Using large amounts of cannabis concentrate quickly can be overwhelming.
- Using large amounts of cannabis can have negative side effects such as paranoia, blackouts, anxiety, extreme. sleepiness, and cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.
Consuming Cannabis Edibles
For numerous years, health-conscious cannabis enthusiasts would prefer to eat their cannabis instead of smoking it. The only issue is that most edibles were served in sugary treats and this tends to hide the taste of marijuana. This has changed over the years but mixing marijuana with sweet treats still remains popular. Edibles are commonly known for being noticeably more psychoactive and stronger than vaping or smoking cannabis. This is due to the marijuana being processed and digested in the liver which converts THC into a highly potent 11–Hydroxy-THC.
- Much less noticeable than smoking or vaporizing.
- Well-made edibles can be micro-dosed.
- It’s very versatile you can create your butter or cannabis oil and use it to prepare several dishes.
- The effects can last longer than 12 hours.
- The effects take longer to be felt.
- it is easy to overdose.
- Taking excess edibles can cause anxiety and panic.